FRI SAT SUN.

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Crazytazman

FRI SAT SUN.

Post by Crazytazman »

Got to Lanark about 7:30 Friday morning. Put boat in and made it about a mile and port engine alarm goes off on the outboard. No water coming out the p hole. Nobody around town had time to fix it so we put the boat back on the trailer and back home to Valdosta Ga we go. Called a Mechanic in Moultrie Ga and he got us fixed Friday afternoon. Went home reset and back down to Ga we went early Sat.
SAT: We left Valdosta around 2:30am heading back to Lanark. Got boat in the water around 5am and started heading out towards the O tower. Stopped about 5miles short of tower and started trolling ballyhoo on a planer, stretch 20's and silver spoons. Within minutes got hit on the hard bait but lost the lure. Only had a 1 foot piece of 80lb leader left. Not sure if it was kinked or just something bit right thru it. Few minutes later ballyhoo rod goes off. Nice king on. Got him up to the boat ready to gaff, he decides to make a run and the line was wrapped around the rid tip, goodbye tackle and fish. 0-2. Caught a few Spanish then decided to bottom fish. Couldn't find any decent bottom fish due to the red snapper. Caught 1 black fish 1 vermillion and a few other species. Headed in around 2.
Sun: Started trolling in the same area with ballyhoo again and instantly hooked up. Nice king again. Got him to the boat and gaff him and he pulled gaff out if my hand. Bye bye gaff but we got the king. Caught a few more spanish. Couldn't find the bottom fish out at the O Tower. Marked them but I guess they had lock jaw.
Still working on my skills after being out of fishing for 14 years.
1-4 on kings
3-3 on spanish.
1 broke impeller
$60 worth of tackle gone.
Had A fun weekend..
John21:6

Re: FRI SAT SUN.

Post by John21:6 »

Thanks for the report.

A few weeks ago, I tried bottom fishing around O Tower and ended up playing with big sharks.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Ain't it a fun sport? :lol: At least you stuck with it and caught some. Thanks for posting.

Tried to remove a bolt on the outboard to replace a rusty backing plate. First stainless bolt came out easily and the second seemed to be turning OK until the head broke off. Now my tech is going to attempt to drill the shaft out and replace. That's the cheap scenario. Fingers crossed it's all covered under warranty.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Crazytazman

Post by Crazytazman »

Yeah I'm gonna start going southwest and hunt some ground out that way. Still rusty I am. Also still learning the gulf waters. It's a blast tho.
Silverking, some one told me that boat stands for: Break Off Another Thousand. I believe it's true.