St, Marks Sat/ Sun

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

St, Marks Sat/ Sun

Post by Srbenda »

Fished the bay on Saturday, although we tried going a bit offshore, it was far too choppy.
Hit the east end of the bay in about 9' of dark, stained water, and bounced live shrimp on the bottom. Ended up with a nice 23" trout and 28" redfish.

Sunday, the weather was beautiful, and we ran out about 18 miles from the lighthouse in about 50' of water. Dropped baits and landed cobia, gag, endangered red snapper, grunts, and shark. Plenty of cut offs on big ( grouper?) as well. Truly a great day for offshore fishing- flat water and a good bite.

Hit the Ochlocknee Shoals on the way back and in picked up a Spanish, but otherwise they were very quiet. The water was much clearer out there, but still not great.

All photos copyright @saverymill
FTReelty

Re: St, Marks Sat/ Sun

Post by FTReelty »

Benda, think I met you at the fish cleaning station at Shell Island-I had the 12 yr old cleanin the fish...that was a nice trout. Glad you had some luck on Sunday. Thanks for posting and see you down there soon-should be getting better.
Srbenda

Re: St, Marks Sat/ Sun

Post by Srbenda »

FTReelty wrote:Benda, think I met you at the fish cleaning station at Shell Island-I had the 12 yr old cleanin the fish...that was a nice trout. Glad you had some luck on Sunday. Thanks for posting and see you down there soon-should be getting better.
Oh, this trout?

:lick:

All photos copyright @saverymill