Any info on the flats?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Triedandfailed

Re: Any info on the flats?

Post by Triedandfailed »

Went out today, launched at the fort about 10:00. Fished hard with only a few shorts and one keeper trout to speak of. Fished mostly live shrimp in 2'-5' and 70-75 degrees.
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Went out yesterday for a couple of hours. Put in at the light house about 12:30 and ran over to the long bar. Saw reds tailing on the bar. Had one swirl at my Mirro Lure suspended jerk bait but didn't connect. went straight out across the channel markers towards the gulf. Had two bites with one really nice trout about 21". Wind and waives picked up and I headed to the barn. Not great but better than its been!
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

I fished st marks last sunday fora couple hours. 1 15" trout and no other bites. First catch of the season after being skunked a few times.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

I know its not in your area but trout in the flats in cedar kea 3 to 4 feet temp was 72 sm in the flats also