St Marks Poon!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Shoot4Fish

St Marks Poon!

Post by Shoot4Fish »

Headed out this morning to grab some pinfish and try a few spots for Cobe, but was rougher than anticipated. So headed over to east flats to about 4 foot, a mile down from the lighthouse to find trout. Fished gulp and shrimp and just started to find a few shorts when we started seeing flashes of what best guess was a large school of menhaden. Next thing we know my buddy Bob says "oh" and line screams and get two sweet jumps from about 120 lb tarpon. Amazingly stayed on and so immediately fired up and made chase. Ran with her out to the stake line, then west past the channel and over west of the west sandbar out by bird rack. After couple hours decided something had to give. We had seen her good numerous times so started palming a little bit and finally broke off. Fun times!
2true

Re: St Marks Poon!

Post by 2true »

:smt006
Nambleman

Post by Nambleman »

Sounds like that tarp had yall doing circles. I hooked up to a big boy last summer in my kayak...imagine that. Epic.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Wow, very cool.
The Back Porch
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

Well done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

Too cool!
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

I was on the east side flats catching pins as well on Saturday and although I didn't hook one, I saw a definite 100+ pounder swin right by the boat. They're here!!!