I found the trout in St Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishforfun

I found the trout in St Marks

Post by fishforfun »

While returning across the west flats Saturday I came across a floating ice chest with no one in sight and some perfectly iced trout and catfish....Happily did not put us over the limit.....
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: I found the trout in St Marks

Post by DixieReb »

The chest may have come from the boat that sank out there on Sat. :roll:
Yours in the South
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Of course I would hate if it turned out to be more than a little bad luck for the owner. I did not hear of any boats capsized out of St Marks. Confirmed? It was an old red ice chest in pretty bad shape with the handles missing, a small piece of frayed orange rope attached to one side. I left it at Shell Island Fish camp. I wonder if anybody has the rest of the story.
spoton
Site Sponsor

Post by spoton »

There was a boat sunk near the lighthouse Saturday; see my post in the Boating section of the forum. It had a yellow rope tied to a fuel tank and a life jacket on the surface. From your description of the cooler and what I could see of the boat sitting on the bottom, I'd say it is a good possibility it came from that boat.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Did anybody hear what happened there? I'd hate for somebody to be missing.
Yours in the South