5/28 Steinhatchee report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

zload
Site Sponsor

5/28 Steinhatchee report

Post by zload »

Made a last minute call to come down for the weekend, don't usually fish major holidays but not too bad so far lots of boats on the water but didn't see anyone being too crazy... maybe the FWC truck/trailer parked at the ramp :D

Fished down by Pepperfish this morning 4'-7' using all artificial mainly jigs w/jerkbaits or gulp shrimp, caught some small trout, a decent Spanish and a bunch of small to barely legal seabass. Saw one nice shark cruising in about 5', guess he was on his scalloper scouting trip... Seabag was out of pinfish when I stopped by but had the CCA measuring device for the Star tournament which started today. Water was very clear in most places temps around 78 in the morning. Quite a bit of pinfish seen on the flats and a good number of juvenile trout spotted in the sand holes so maybe things are looking up trout wise. Everyone I talked to at the ramp/dock said they didn't catch many at all and mostly shorts.

Went the other way this afternoon with the late incoming tide and went from the grass line to about 4' tossing a spoon and jigs it was just dead. I'm sure the airboat who ran between me and the grassline 20' away and then ran the entire stretch of grassline where I was drifting didn't see me :roll:

Saw some happy mullet jumping but nada in the PM.

Nice to get back on the water... be safe out there this weekend. By the way Fiddlers had a pretty nice buffet last night seafood and prime rib and a ton of sides for $26 if you are into that sort of thing.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: 5/28 Steinhatchee report

Post by SS-342 »

Glad you were able to get back on the water. It's fun catching, it's fun hunting, it is just plain fun FISHING!

Thanks for the report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Hit-n-Miss

Re: 5/28 Steinhatchee report

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Great report. Thanks for posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk