Econfina 5-28

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Econfina 5-28

Post by trout fisher »

Fishing was slow for us. Threw the tackle box and the net at 'em. We even threw cooked shrimp left over from a low country boil. :-D Caught some quality fish though. Ran into a big school of mullet a couple miles out from Hickory Mound. They were moving fast. Managed 5 before they disappeared. Picked the sheepy up on some shell bottom with the net. Caught some short reds in the net as well in about 3 ft. Saw you at the ramp Hit-n-Miss but never caught up with ya. Lots of boats. FWC was at the ramp when we left, very cordial.

Hit-n-Miss

Re: Econfina 5-28

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Yeah I waved at the FWC guy when pulling out and am surprised he did not come over to us. We are always legal and I guess he noticed we weren't nervous acting so did not check us. What boat were you in? Looks like you did good considering how slow it was. We worked hard for the fish we got. Heard one guy on radio saying they had 16 trout. I don't see how. But you never know. Hate I missed meeting another member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the good report. Was good to hear FWC was nice They are mostly good folks. I've only ran into one jerk among a lot of good ones.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

Yeah I heard mixed reports on the radio. Just couldn't hem them up. We were in the pontoon with the big ol' net casting deck on the front. I get a lot of strange looks.
trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Post by trout fisher »

SS-342 wrote:Thanks for the good report. Was good to hear FWC was nice They are mostly good folks. I've only ran into one jerk among a lot of good ones.
:thumbup: That's been my experience as well.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

SS-342 wrote:Thanks for the good report. Was good to hear FWC was nice They are mostly good folks. I've only ran into one jerk among a lot of good ones.
. To the left just out from the ramp where the FWC guy was checking? I figured he'd walk to us next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk