Carrabelle

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhodes

Carrabelle

Post by Rhodes »

Headed down to Panacea this week for a few days of fishing. Plan on fishing out of Carabelle one day. Never been there, is there good trout/red fishing in the bay? Is it best behind St. George or behind Dog? Also, if the seas are calm planing on making a run out to some reefs, where is the best place to catch some pins in that area....thanks.
leonreno

Re: Carrabelle

Post by leonreno »

I prefer leaving from Lanark to skip the long no wake zone out the river. I fish behind Lanark reef, around turkey shoals and behind dog island. Dog island reef is good to but I go in the morning because the afternoon winds make it a bumpy ride back in my bay boat. For redfish, the shorts around Carrabelle may be best bet.
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

Is there anything to worry about boating out of Lanark and fishing around the reef or dog island? Can I get out and run my boat in the area? Anything spots to avoid?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Boudreux wrote:Is there anything to worry about boating out of Lanark and fishing around the reef or dog island? Can I get out and run my boat in the area? Anything spots to avoid?
The channel out of the boat basin can get skinny in low tide and you have to take care until you clear the lanark reef, but it sand in the area, so shouldn't damage your boat. Pull up a map and take a look before you go.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Lanark boat ramp is a zoo right now. Scallop season is in full swing. Out of town Tarpon Guide season is at max. Rigs were parked a 1/4 mile up and down HW98 last Saturday.

Cbelle has 2 nice free public ramps and a deep marked channel that is easy to navigate.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

rockyg wrote:Lanark boat ramp is a zoo right now. Scallop season is in full swing. Out of town Tarpon Guide season is at max. Rigs were parked a 1/4 mile up and down HW98 last Saturday.

Cbelle has 2 nice free public ramps and a deep marked channel that is easy to navigate.
I am going to be down there during the week so I was thinking it may be a little less hectic. I may end up putting in at Carrabelle
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Hadn't thought of scallop season. The first ramp closest to the mouth is nice and not really far to idle out. Could still be full during scallop season. Good luck.