Steinhatchee scallop report 7/24

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rbmcrae

Post by Rbmcrae »

Well for the first time in 10 years we decided to go down to the hatch for scallops instead of just wetting lines and we were not disappointed. It only took two stops to get out limit and would have been one of I hadn't gotten too excited and stopped before I got all the way to dallus creek. Once on outside edge of creek you could follow the grass lines and pick em up 2 or 3 at a time. The size was pretty good given later in season but I was just impressed with the sheer volume of scallops on the flats! We had a hard time finding any up in the turtle grass as it is long and thick everywhere. Seeing that healthy grass got me excited for fall trout fishing.

Long story short if you are thinking of heading to go scallop anytime soon in Steinhatchee GO! Hop in ur boat and hit dallus creek and be sure to bring ur rods bc you will be limited out and done scalloping quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rbmcrae

Re: Steinhatchee scallop report 7/24

Post by Rbmcrae »

flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Thaks for the report. Got a trip planned next weekend. How far out of Dallus were you?
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Headed down this weekend. Have had good luck At St. Marks this year. Will be first time at Steinhatachee. How deep was water at Dallus?
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

FTReelty wrote:Headed down this weekend. Have had good luck At St. Marks this year. Will be first time at Steinhatachee. How deep was water at Dallus?
. Good luck. Post us up some pics.
Use tapatalk it's easy.

doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

FTReelty wrote:Headed down this weekend. Have had good luck At St. Marks this year. Will be first time at Steinhatachee. How deep was water at Dallus?
Last weekend we went south towards rocky creek and they were in 4-5 ft.
Rbmcrae

Post by Rbmcrae »

We were in about 4-6 feet depending on amount of sea grass. I have heard good reports from south of channel near rocky creek as well. Basically any where you can find grass with a sand edge or potholes scallops will be near. The ones near dallus were bigger than ones closer to rocky point. Think that deeper creek Chanel has a lot to do with it.

Hearing good report of sand trout and specks in 6-8 feet as well for once ur limited out of scallops!

FTReelty

Post by FTReelty »

Thanks for info! we give it a shot and report back!