red fish and blue fish 8-25-16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Phil. 4:8

red fish and blue fish 8-25-16

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Watched the sun rise behind the lighthouse as we headed to the creeks to hunt for red fish. A couple of cast with the bait net and we're good to go. The back of Big Bay was the spot again to find our red friends and it doesn't take long to get our limit of one each. No giants, but good table fare sized. We fished from about 7:15 to 12:00. Tide was high at 7 something and we drift fished out of the bay with the outgoing tide. The breeze was nice all day to keep the heat and bugs off. Had a big run and excitement on a big pin fish under a cork as we drifted. A bit of a fire drill trying to switch positions to crank and chase our mystery guest, but it was faster and probably smarter than the fisherman. Did catch a giant blue on drift on the west flats. Most fish (reds) were caught on pin fish or mud minnows under a cork or with a small bullet weight on the bottom. One red and several cats on plastic under a cork. No trout in the creeks or while drifting and we covered a lot of water trying the find em. Water was fairly clear, 80 degrees and very few trucks at the landing. It was a great day to enjoy the Creators work.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: red fish and blue fish 8-25-16

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report. I've never heard of big bay and we fish over there quite a bit. There is a "big cove", but never heard of big bay. Point it out if you don't mind( not that I plan to fish there, just would like to know) Thanks again
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Phil. 4:8

Re: red fish and blue fish 8-25-16

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Ooops, it is big cove. Just east of the lighthouse and before Horn's Creek. Thanks for the catch.