The water is clear

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Phil. 4:8

The water is clear

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Got a chance to try the "fall mullet run" hoping to find Mr. Red. The mullet were everywhere and the porpoise were having a great time. One of the porpoises caught up to the skiff and swam along side for a short distance; now that is neat. The water on the flats was as clear as I have seen it in years. From 5 feet all the way to the creek mouths. It was a little cool to start with and the sweatshirt felt good, but it didn't take long to warm up. Drifted into a creek with the incoming tide about 10:00 am and casting/bouncing a shrimp imitation; bam fish on. It took a couple nice runs and screamed the drag a little. Thought maybe a Spanish, but it was a real nice jack. Now that was fun. Drifting over an oyster bar and see a red take off, so I called it sight fishing; cast the same faux shrimp and game/red on. It was a 20" supper sized and it went into the ice chest. We only caught one more red (a puppy) and NO trout is sight. Threw the tackle box and couldn't a trout bite. Beautiful day on the water near the light house and the creeks east.
countrycorners

Re: The water is clear

Post by countrycorners »

Sounds like a decent trip to me!
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Nice trip, love doing the creek fishing, although when I went last Saturday was in a creek and like you said very clear, look down and there was about a 9-10 gator under the boat just laying on the bottom in about 3 ft of water, gave me the willys a Lil, gave me new found bravery for those in a yak fishing those creeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

kenfly wrote:Nice trip, love doing the creek fishing, although when I went last Saturday was in a creek and like you said very clear, look down and there was about a 9-10 gator under the boat just laying on the bottom in about 3 ft of water, gave me the willys a Lil, gave me new found bravery for those in a yak fishing those creeks
Don't be harassing Droze's pet lizards. They might get peeved. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat