Another Epic day at St Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

Another Epic day at St Marks

Post by bbb »

Put in at the fort around 10 and headed down the river. Water temp in the river was 64.5.

Started the morning off near East river in 61.5 degree water. Let the kids mess with rock bass for a couple hours til the tide started coming in.

Tide was coming in so we Attempted to run to the spot we hammered them at last week but the crab traps were still out of the water so we had to turn around. Got back into the channel in front of the lighthouse and immediately caught a couple trout. About my 3rd cast, this guy decided to come on board for photos. Nice 20 minute fight and my biggest red ever at 40".
https://vimeo.com/194232914

Got the fish revived and noticed the tide had come in another foot so we headed back to the honey hole. We were able to get in this time, around 2pm, and the trout were still there. Water temp was 63.5. Started off at 13" but quickly started boating 16" fish. Before we knew it we had to do a quick count of the cooler and found ourselves with 13 trout. We then moved in a little further and boated 4 reds with one being 23.5" and the others 17". My son was able to catch his 1st keeper red. He put him in the livewell though because he wasnt sure if he wanted to keep him. He said it was a great fight and wanted to think about it before he put him in the box.

Moved back out to the trout hole and put 2 more trout in the box for 15. Done at 4pm and headed back to the ramp. Met Kenner at the ramp and they had a interesting day catching largemouth bass, trout, reds, sheephead, rock bass and ladyfish all in the same area.
Can'tCatchAnything

Re: Another Epic day at St Marks

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

Sweet, sounds like a helluva day.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Can't beat those smiles! :-D
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Very nice
Reel Addiction
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Addiction »

You slayed them Dale. Nice pics!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Way to get those kids (and yourself) on some quality fish. Looks like the new ride is handling double-duty quite nicely. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bbb

Post by bbb »

silverking wrote:Way to get those kids (and yourself) on some quality fish. Looks like the new ride is handling double-duty quite nicely. :thumbup:
What started out as a boat I was gonna flip, has turned into a boat with so many uses I can't let go......yet.

From farm ponds to 7 mile runs down the coast. Can't beat it so far.

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

:lol: I'm still trying to perfect my boat-flipping skills.
Last edited by silverking on December 5th, 2016, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
bross07

Post by bross07 »

I saw your Beaver tail for sale, what price tag are those new Mosquitoes bringing? Awesome looking boat.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Sent you a PM
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Awesomo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk