St Marks 2/20

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bbb

St Marks 2/20

Post by bbb »

Hit the ramp at 11 and headed to East River. Already 4-5 boats in the area. About 10 minutes in my son gets a bite and brings in a 17" flounder. Later my buddy's rod doubles over and its a nice 13" rock bass. Keep moving up river and found a keeper trout and 4-5 that were 14.5". Left there around 2 and ran two miles to a creek off the flats. Our 3rd or 4th cast and we double up on a 20" and 17" trout. A few minutes later we catch another 17" trout. We Drift into the creek about 100 yards and catch 3-4 dinks and a 16" keeper trout.

Pulled up and headed in around 4:30.

Definitely no pattern that we could find in the areas we fished. Fish came from 3-6ft of water. Also didn't help that the tide was so weak today. Best bet might be to put the trolling motor down and cover lots of ground. All fish came on white gulp or Zman shrimp.

kenfly

Re: St Marks 2/20

Post by kenfly »

That's a nice mess of fish, good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Nice mess of fish. Nothing like week day fishing.

wishin2bfishin

Post by wishin2bfishin »

How do you like the Zman baitsI hear good things but haven't tried them for myself.

HookemBookem1

Post by HookemBookem1 »

Nice mess of fish there that flounder will make a good dinner. What was the temp of the water?

bbb

Post by bbb »

HookemBookem1 wrote:Nice mess of fish there that flounder will make a good dinner. What was the temp of the water?

Unless my new Humminbird was wrong it said 70. I was surprised it would be that warm. But last time out it was 65 and we have had no cold weather since then.
Dixie Dawg

Post by Dixie Dawg »

bbb wrote:
HookemBookem1 wrote:Nice mess of fish there that flounder will make a good dinner. What was the temp of the water?

Unless my new Humminbird was wrong it said 70. I was surprised it would be that warm. But last time out it was 65 and we have had no cold weather since then.
70 is probably right.
bbb

St Marks 2/20

Post by bbb »

Dixie Dawg wrote:
bbb wrote:

70 is probably right.
Temp was 68 at the fort ramp then
HookemBookem1

Post by HookemBookem1 »

Thanks for the report

Phil. 4:8

Post by Phil. 4:8 »

Thanks for a good report. You told us when, on what and mostly where. You got a nice mess of fish and shared your adventure.