Weekend Weather

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Boudreux

Weekend Weather

Post by Boudreux »

Have a free weekend away from the wife and kid this weekend. Is there anywhere that I can do some fishing and stay out of the winds? I usually fish out of St. Marks but that has only been a handful of times and they have all been in nice weather. Just looking to get out somewhere
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Weekend Weather

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Image. Don't know what kind of boat you have but I would fish tomorrow anywhere from St Marks to Keaton. Now Sunday I would not fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

Thanks man. Looks like I'll be headed out to St. marks
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Boudreux wrote:Thanks man. Looks like I'll be headed out to St. marks
. Good luck post up a report.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

How did it go?

Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

It was fine until I got to the light house. Got into some 3 footers and it wasn't that fun of a ride! Stayed in the backwaters on the river but never got a bite. There were a lot of boats headed out past the light house including boats smaller than mine (19' bay boat). They must have known something I didn't know. Maybe the water and wind was more calm on the flats but I never made it out that far.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Boudreux wrote:It was fine until I got to the light house. Got into some 3 footers and it wasn't that fun of a ride! Stayed in the backwaters on the river but never got a bite. There were a lot of boats headed out past the light house including boats smaller than mine (19' bay boat). They must have known something I didn't know. Maybe the water and wind was more calm on the flats but I never made it out that far.
Right there in the mouth is pretty rough. It's not as bad once you get past that.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:
Boudreux wrote:It was fine until I got to the light house. Got into some 3 footers and it wasn't that fun of a ride! Stayed in the backwaters on the river but never got a bite. There were a lot of boats headed out past the light house including boats smaller than mine (19' bay boat). They must have known something I didn't know. Maybe the water and wind was more calm on the flats but I never made it out that far.
Right there in the mouth is pretty rough. It's not as bad once you get past that.
Thats right. We were getting hammered by the wind one day this fall at the river mouth. Almost called it a day after trying to fish the bars, but made a last ditch effort to run east. The flats were nothing but a light chop.
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

That's good to know. I will know for next time. Makes sense why the other boats were running past me now.
topheavy

Post by topheavy »

Been there done that. 16 ft cc with 50 yamaha 2 stroke. Every flats/gulf opening can be too rough at times with the tides and wind direction. One of the best days I ever had was Wakulla reefs out of the Ocklockonnee Bay with my brother and cousin. It was too rough in the early am with an outgoing tide and NE breeze had to turn back. Fished fornbait for a couple of hours and then ran out in a smooth swell once the tide turned and fished "caught" all day! Also been caught in summer storms on the flats when calm initially racing back and barely made it back to the river /canal through 3 ft choppy mess. Alway an adventure and you never know unless you go. Marine forecast is sometimes a guess at best.
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

I agree with the forecast being a guessing game.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Two years ago I went hunting with a 0% chance of rain. While getting drenched, a banner went across the weather.com app stating dry conditions will continue. You just can't make stuff like up ... unless you are a weatherman! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!