St. Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FishWithChris

Re: St. Marks

Post by FishWithChris »

FTReelty wrote:Fished yesterday from the Lighthouse to Cobb Rock in 2-4 feet of water. Water temp was right at 70. Only bite all day was 1 flounder near lighthouse. Not even a trash fish or a nibble. Beat sittin at home!
get closer to the grass lines if you can. banks, corners, cuts, crick mouths, etc... not quite venturing out fully yet.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

FTReelty wrote:Fished yesterday from the Lighthouse to Cobb Rock in 2-4 feet of water. Water temp was right at 70. Only bite all day was 1 flounder near lighthouse. Not even a trash fish or a nibble. Beat sittin at home!
I did this too. Also tried halfway up the river.. No dice.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Fished from dead low to high today in the East Flats backcountry. Trout bite was on fire. Caught at least a couple dozen, with 10 of them between 2-3 pounds, all on Skitter Walk. Caught a few more on DOA standard shrimp. Staked off and took a lunch break. Before I pulled the pin, made three consecutive casts and caught three trout, all 2-pounds plus. Found some reds but they didn't want to play. Water temp was 76.3 degrees at 4 p.m. Not a bad hump day.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

bite is on fire. Saturday we caught a half dozen trout over 24". All big girls were released, but we also kept some fish for friends who had asked.

Go fishing!
2.17.18.2.jpg
2.17.18.jpg
2.17.18.3.jpg
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
kenfly

St. Marks

Post by kenfly »

silverking wrote:Fished from dead low to high today in the East Flats backcountry. Trout bite was on fire. Caught at least a couple dozen, with 10 of them between 2-3 pounds, all on Skitter Walk. Caught a few more on DOA standard shrimp. Staked off and took a lunch break. Before I pulled the pin, made three consecutive casts and caught three trout, all 2-pounds plus. Found some reds but they didn't want to play. Water temp was 76.3 degrees at 4 p.m. Not a bad hump day.

Great, I’ll head that way. Taking tomorrow off and taking the wife on a date day as she calls it out fishing , well me fishing and her sunning on the deck, “back country” way up in the creeks or are they more towards the mouth of them. What water temp seems perfect
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Nice, Showboat!

I found 'em from close to the mouth to towards the hill in depths from 2 to 6 foot. Good luck. Will be out there again tomorrow to take advantage of the high, falling tide.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

silverking wrote:Nice, Showboat!

I found 'em from close to the mouth to towards the hill in depths from 2 to 6 foot. Good luck. Will be out there again tomorrow to take advantage of the high, falling tide.
Thanks , nice Fish Showboat, Ill have to fish the incoming in the am due to wife want to go to sandbar and lunch at riverside, see the ole seaark say hey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk