St. Marks 4/21

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Lip piercers

St. Marks 4/21

Post by Lip piercers »

Fished the west and east side of the last lighthouse Saturday. We caught a lot of short trout and managed to get a few keeepers but we had to work hard for everyone we got. They were liking a new penny under a cork in 3 to 4’ in the grass. The highlight of the day was a 34” bull on the edge of a sandbar. I had a few challenges on landing him but managed to get it done. Caught him with a pen battle 1000 with a 7’ medium rod. Btw he broke the rod as he run under the boat witch made the intense fight crazier. Pictures to com.
Lip piercers

Re: St. Marks 4/21

Post by Lip piercers »

Sorry didn’t mean to post twice. Trying to figure this thing out.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Congrats on the bull, hate to hear about the rod. Glad y’all got out, it was blowing yesterday
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Lip piercers

Post by Lip piercers »

Thanks. It was a great experience with my dad. The wind wasn’t as bad as predicted and very thankful for that. It was a beautiful day to be out.
Sea Chaser

Post by Sea Chaser »

We had a fantastic time Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. Took my wife and mom for the weekend and we were not disappointed. Looked at my chart map and decided to try the flats west of the st Marks light house. We drifted in 3-5 feet with live shrimp under a cracking cork picking up several short trout and a couple of keepers. The Spanish mackerel showed up Saturday afternoon and we had some fun picking up a few of those. Topped it off with a 30” bonnet head shark to complete the weekend. Big trout for us was 19” and big mackerel was 17”

We did go to a reef Saturday late morning trying for grouper but it was just to rough to fish.