• Advertisement
beavisrealty.com


Please Support our Sponsors

Reds and Specks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.
Image

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Inshore Fishing Reports Forum Sponsored By
Image

Reds and Specks

Postby Bullet » July 9th, 2018, 2:07 pm

I apologize for the very late post.
A couple of weeks ago, my buds and I ventured out to test the waters near the lighthouse.
We had a couple of outstanding days even though bait was an issue. The morning tides were very nice and in the afternoon, the water was ripping out.
Some results.
Image
Image
Tight lines

Bullet
User avatar
Bullet
 
Posts: 89
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 12:00 pm
Location: Dothan Alabama


Re: Reds and Specks

Postby DixieReb » July 9th, 2018, 5:03 pm

:thumbup: Nicely done! You had 5 guys on your boat?
Yours in the South
User avatar
DixieReb
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: April 26th, 2003, 6:27 pm
Location: Moultrie,Ga.

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby Juan » July 10th, 2018, 7:38 am

Busted. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
User avatar
Juan
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: October 14th, 2009, 8:58 am
Location: Cottonwood, AL

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby eightwt » July 10th, 2018, 8:13 am

The other guys are just camera shy....nobody would post illegal fish on a public forum.
eightwt
 
Posts: 167
Joined: November 29th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby tailwaters » July 10th, 2018, 9:13 am

eightwt wrote:The other guys are just camera shy....nobody would post illegal fish on a public forum.


Oddly enough I was just talking with an FWC friend this morning who said they busted a guy that posted a sailfish pic on facebook. It looked undersize but since they had already cleaned and disposed of the carcuss they couldn't get them on that. They did however write him to federal tickets for not reporting the fish and not having a permit to harvest it.
tailwaters
 
Posts: 97
Joined: January 30th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby THOMAS CITY CURVE » July 10th, 2018, 10:06 am

This looks very FISHY !!!!
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 122
Joined: July 18th, 2014, 11:10 am
Location: Wacissa

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby flatsbroke22 » July 10th, 2018, 10:28 am

tailwaters wrote:
eightwt wrote:The other guys are just camera shy....nobody would post illegal fish on a public forum.


Oddly enough I was just talking with an FWC friend this morning who said they busted a guy that posted a sailfish pic on facebook. It looked undersize but since they had already cleaned and disposed of the carcuss they couldn't get them on that. They did however write him to federal tickets for not reporting the fish and not having a permit to harvest it.


I saw that picture and it did look too short. Buddy of mine caught one in Mexico Beach last week in 70’ and saw another free jumper. He was safely released. Wonder why all of the sudden they’re showing up so close to shore.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v 200 Vmax
2011 Lowe 14' Jon Boat 15hp Mercury four stroke
flatsbroke22
 
Posts: 282
Joined: February 5th, 2015, 10:20 pm
Location: MOULTRIE

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby Salty Gator » July 10th, 2018, 12:07 pm

tailwaters wrote:
eightwt wrote:The other guys are just camera shy....nobody would post illegal fish on a public forum.


Oddly enough I was just talking with an FWC friend this morning who said they busted a guy that posted a sailfish pic on facebook. It looked undersize but since they had already cleaned and disposed of the carcuss they couldn't get them on that. They did however write him to federal tickets for not reporting the fish and not having a permit to harvest it.


When bragging on social media goes wrong
Turn off your mind relax and float downstream
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: April 17th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Location: Tallahassee

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby onefishtwofish » July 10th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Think I saw ya. Y'all split up and were hitting all my spots! Glad y'all had fun. Please check with me before fishing them. :-D :lol: If you were where I think, we rarely get nice specks like that, so good work!

I think y'all also moved off just in time, because if you are who I think, I hooked a monster bull on a tiny mullet. Only saw him briefly before he chomped the leader. Thank goodness he did not spool me.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
User avatar
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: February 21st, 2010, 9:39 pm
Location: Quincy

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby Salty Gator » July 10th, 2018, 2:04 pm

DixieReb wrote::thumbup: Nicely done! You had 5 guys on your boat?

That group from Dothan is usually quite a few fishermen. One or two boats pulled up on the bars, guys wading
Turn off your mind relax and float downstream
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: April 17th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Location: Tallahassee

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby Bullet » July 10th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Yes, 5 fishing but only 3 catching. Unfortunately, some of our guys experience fishing envy :lol:
Tight lines

Bullet
User avatar
Bullet
 
Posts: 89
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 12:00 pm
Location: Dothan Alabama

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby Juan » July 10th, 2018, 4:32 pm

I know I do.. but I plan to slay a few kings tomorrow and cure it. I'm in Cottonwood and going solo . If ya wanna go shoot me an email.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
User avatar
Juan
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: October 14th, 2009, 8:58 am
Location: Cottonwood, AL

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby Salty Gator » July 10th, 2018, 6:36 pm

Juan wrote:I know I do.. but I plan to slay a few kings tomorrow and cure it. I'm in Cottonwood and going solo . If ya wanna go shoot me an email.


Why are you going after dog food with a few days left in snapper season :lol:
Turn off your mind relax and float downstream
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: April 17th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Location: Tallahassee

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby Juan » July 10th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Salty Gator wrote:
Juan wrote:I know I do.. but I plan to slay a few kings tomorrow and cure it. I'm in Cottonwood and going solo . If ya wanna go shoot me an email.


Why are you going after dog food with a few days left in snapper season :lol:


LOL. The snapper come first but it won't take long to put two snaps in the cooler and then I have to catch something and it's gonna be HOT so trolling sounds like a plan. :-D I don't plan to keep one. I doubt my dogs would eat it. :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
User avatar
Juan
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: October 14th, 2009, 8:58 am
Location: Cottonwood, AL

Re: Reds and Specks

Postby Salty Gator » July 10th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Juan wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
Juan wrote:I know I do.. but I plan to slay a few kings tomorrow and cure it. I'm in Cottonwood and going solo . If ya wanna go shoot me an email.


Why are you going after dog food with a few days left in snapper season :lol:


LOL. The snapper come first but it won't take long to put two snaps in the cooler and then I have to catch something and it's gonna be HOT so trolling sounds like a plan. :-D I don't plan to keep one. I doubt my dogs would eat it. :-D

That’s funny , they are fun to catch. A buddy caught a legit 40-50 pounder. We tried t revive and release it but I fear it ended up as crab food. I can’t post pics here anymore. I’ll text you a pic
Turn off your mind relax and float downstream
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 2684
Joined: April 17th, 2010, 7:23 pm
Location: Tallahassee


Return to Inshore Fishing Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Home | Weather | Tides & Moon | Pictures | Links
Articles | Area Charts | Area Guides | Online Licenses | Discussion
Reports | Tips & Tricks | Feedback | Contact | About | Advertise

Copyright 2001 - 2012 BigBendFishing.Net