Reports

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Reports

Post by DixieReb »

Did anybody go this weekend? Haven't seen any reports and was wondering. Thanks.
Yours in the South
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Reports

Post by silverking »

Fished to the west yesterday. It was brisk when I launched. Air and water temps both around 54 degrees. Breezy at first, wind laid down mid-day and then picked up again in the later afternoon. Water temps climbed to 62 degrees and clarity was exceptional.

Poled most of the day in less than 12 inches of water. Found about 3 dozen each reds and sheepshead in the turtle grass with dark bottom. They were all very spooky and didn't want to play. Did see one big bull that was mid-30-inches in a pot hole. Slowly eased off after I made a cast and disappeared. The rest of the reds were slot-sized. Sheepies were all big and chunky. Also saw one very chilled sea turtle swimming slowly along, lots of wading birds and big school of dolphin. Pup got to run around a bit and it turned out to be a beautiful day. So I can't complain.

I was dressed in camis, duck shoes, long-sleeve T, shirt and hoodie. Saw a trawler anchored and when I went by, a guy in Speedos was standing on the swim platform drinking a beer. Snow Birds! :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

Had a casual mid day fishing trip down to SM. Fished from 11:30-3. Saw tons of mullet, caught around 15 trout and 6 or 7 reds. All were legal fish but let everything go. The breeze made sight fishing difficult in the waters we fished.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Fished Tampa Bay Sunday morning with two old friends and my son. Caught sheephead, trout, redfish and snook. :thumbup:
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Chased skinny water grouper in st marks
Attachments
09836127-1D37-4973-9311-AFADDA3758F0.jpeg
3F6B4C39-9222-4B66-A269-BDC6D109E977.jpeg
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

SHOWBOAT wrote:Chased skinny water grouper in st marks

Nicely done. See you weren't wearing your Speedos, either. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Steve Stinson wrote:Fished Tampa Bay Sunday morning with two old friends and my son. Caught sheephead, trout, redfish and snook. :thumbup:
Good line-up. Fort DeSoto area? That's a cool spot.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Fished the South side of the Bay near Apollo Beach and also the very upper end when it got wind in Rocky Creek.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Fished St. Mark's, and for those reading, the trout are NOT stacked up in the river.

Did catch a few keepers and released many shorts.

We were fortunate to catch a lady fish early in the day and cut bait worked well for redfish, as well as a few surprise largemouth bass.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
All photos copyright @saverymill
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks for the reports, guys. I fished the Keaton pier this morning and other than seeing a lot of mullet and crabs in the water, nothing was happening. Went to Yates Creek and fished around the boat landing, caught a few pinfish. Low tide in the middle of the day, not much water to fish in. :roll:
Yours in the South