edited

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Welby
Site Sponsor

edited

Post by Welby »

Fishtildark, as I stated before, I regret the post. I don’t know how to delete but at least I was able to edit. We, no doubt, have different opinions on the details of this event. That being said, your apologize is accepted and I’d like to apologize as well for the post. In the future, hopefully we can both make better choices. As Juan said...nothing to see here.
Last edited by Welby on February 21st, 2020, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
dropaline

Re: The ignorance of some is amazing !

Post by dropaline »

True ass ***es
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

It even extends to catching bait. Last week, I was carefully approaching a mullet hole from the bank with my cast net. Made one okay throw, and as I was unloading bait into my bucket, was almost knocked down by a grinning A-hole who scooted past me and flung his net into my hole. The ignorant, impolite ass did not realize that part of the hole - where he threw - contained oyster clumps. He lost his net. JUSTICE!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I don't like other boats doing what they did to you, and I don't like them flying past you and throwing a big wake for you to have to deal with. :evil: Some folks just don't need to be on the water! :roll:
Yours in the South
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

You sure they weren't duck hunting. Happens a lot more duck hunting than fishing.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Georgia boat.

Sent from the KetchupPacket
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

It's getting more prevalent as it gets more crowded. Florida and Ga. both have their share of Ya-hoos. I remember my days back in Tampa when they stationed law enforcement officer at the ramps to make arrests when the fights broke out. I guess we are headed down the same path.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

MudDucker wrote:You sure they weren't duck hunting. Happens a lot more duck hunting than fishing.
I’m sure they weren’t hunting. Ran past me, came off plane and immediately dropped anchor and started casting. I don’t claim to be a professional fisherman, but I’ve never seen that tactic. Surely that would spook any potential fish. It appeared their main goal was just the beat me to the spot. As I trolled up toward them they picked up anchor and trolled on up into the creek.

I did want to express my thoughts to them in hopes that next time they might reconsider right and wrong.

In hindsight, I regret posting this. I am far to blessed to let something like this frustrate me so much. Life is to short to waste energy on things that really don’t matter. I don’t know how to delete the post but if anyone has that ability feel free to do away with it.
Tight Lines and enjoy the water.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I second your last post Welby. Stuff like that frustrates me, but there is a lot of water out there and it might be a sign to me that I need to look for fish elsewhere(at least that is the way I choose to look at it).
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Welby wrote:
MudDucker wrote:You sure they weren't duck hunting. Happens a lot more duck hunting than fishing.
I’m sure they weren’t hunting. Ran past me, came off plane and immediately dropped anchor and started casting. I don’t claim to be a professional fisherman, but I’ve never seen that tactic. Surely that would spook any potential fish. It appeared their main goal was just the beat me to the spot. As I trolled up toward them they picked up anchor and trolled on up into the creek.

I did want to express my thoughts to them in hopes that next time they might reconsider right and wrong.

In hindsight, I regret posting this. I am far to blessed to let something like this frustrate me so much. Life is to short to waste energy on things that really don’t matter. I don’t know how to delete the post but if anyone has that ability feel free to do away with it.
Tight Lines and enjoy the water.

I was being tongue in cheek, because I've had the same thing happen to me a few times duck hunting, but never fishing.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
fishtildark2

Post by fishtildark2 »

Someone called me and told me about this website and post. At first I ignored it, but after thinking about lots of folks attacking my character and integrity and labeling me as a ignorant,moronic a**shole and Ya-hoo I decided to join this community to first APOLOGIZE and then tell the facts. First I am sorry for making Welby or anyone else upset and mad. Nobody needs enemies on the water because if you fish long enough, you are going to need help out there! I know this first hand after towing folks in and being towed in from time to time the last 30 years. Now the facts ...After fishing most of the day back toward the west, we decided to check out 3 or 4 "go to " eastern creeks before sunset. As we approached the second creek on the list, there was a boat with what appeared to be the motor turned off and trimmed up with the prop nearly out of the water. This boat was a good 400-500 yards from the oyster bars we wanted to try and for all I knew was drift fishing the flat proceeding the creek mouth. We did pass this boat running fast because from numerous previous trips approaching this particular creek, you stand a pretty good chance of hitting something slowing down but not so much a chance when on plane. We went right on in there and anchored down and after 20 casts or so without a bite , we went on in to the creek. We fished on up the creek for the next 30 minutes without a bite and went on to the next one. I have approached this creek in the same manner before without ignorantly spooking the fish. Sometimes they are there... sometimes they're not. With all that being said , the next time I go which is once per week , if I see a boat any where near a flat before a creek mouth I will stop to see if they are drift fishing or leaving or entering the creek.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Seems an understandable misunderstanding and evaluation by both parties imo. A commendable first post! Welcome to the forum and sorry your first post had to be defending your character. Nothing else to see here... :thumbup:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Re: edited

Post by CSMarine »

One thing I've learned after fishing for nearly seventy years, and many of those were tournament years, is that we get fairly impatient when we feel that our fishing space is being intruded upon. Real or imagined, it pisses us off. I've had certain guides well known by many folks here do the same thing complained about here. Many times!
If a boat drops down ahead of my drift it thoroughly ticks me off. If one of the air boats with the 737 jet engine runs full blast up a creek I'm setting in that tics me off. If there's an idiot at the ramp that decides to load his gear while he's blocking the ramp, that ticks me off. Most of all folks who decide they need to blast their radios so loud they can hear it in Cuba, tics me off. So the bottom line is have consideration for others on the water. Just might save hard feelings, and might even save someone from an azz whipping.
Semper Fi