23 September (Bit Rusty)

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Beard

23 September (Bit Rusty)

Post by Red Beard »

Have to be honest; I have not been fishing in what feels like forever. With kids in school, sports, work, and building a home other responsibilities have taken precedence. But on Wednesday things finally synced with the kids out of school, wife, and I off work. We struck out in the skiff and launched at shell point. 1230

Chomping down on fried chicken from Rocky’s and a full tank of gas we headed out and found calm waters and fished/drifted enjoying the sunshine and sights. I felt a bit rusty and out of sync with the pattern so I fished jig/paddle tails in different depths with grass bottom with a few decent trout. (15-19”)

The family had to split and run errands around so I used the time to trailer up and run down to rock landing. Launched around 1700 and got to spend a good bit of time relaxing and scouting (aka striking out) looking for fishy situations and watching water clarity.

Water is cooling off and still almost the color of coffee closer to the hill. I didn’t pick up on as much mullet activity as before Sally in my searching. Felt good to get back on the water and recharge the spirit. Looking forward to getting back to the grind..

We saw a lot of cow nosed rays gliding through the grass flats and a good share of turtles. Never got old watching ospreys hover and dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: 23 September (Bit Rusty)

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report and pics. Sounds like a good time
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Pretty sky shots. Thanks for sharing and the intel. Hopefully the water will start clearing up soon.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
slow motion

Post by slow motion »

Glad you got back out brother. Thanks for sharing your experience.