Saturday 8/19

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Saturday 8/19

Post by onefishtwofish »

Like someone else said, we tried to launch out of st marks on sat at 7:00 but the sky got nastier and the weather rolled in. Some pretty snotty conditions pretty quick. So we headed back to panacea and chilled for a while. By 11 it had turned nice so we launched at Rock landing. Had tons of blowups on top water but they were all short striking. Managed 2 reds. We headed out to look for trout. We were catching an occasional lady fish when we saw some roiling in the water a couple hundred yards away. Thought at first it may be tarpon but did not look right as we approached. Brother casted a jerk shad and hooked up. The school moved to us and we thought at first it was a school of bull reds. As they passed under the boat we realized it was their cousins. Black drum. Massive school. We worked them over for a little while. My great nephew hooked the biggest one. Wore him out before the fish so he handed the pole to his pappy to finish the fight. We boated 7 of them before the heat and the fish wore us out. Made for a fun day. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Saturday 8/19

Post by Salty Gator »

Made lemonade out of lemons. Nice work
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven