Hows the fishing?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

justcoastn

Hows the fishing?

Post by justcoastn »

Been getting things ready for the upcoming hunting season so I haven't been fishing in quite some time. The girls are itching to get on the water so I was going to head out this Saturday. Anything happening around Keaton, Steinhatchee or St Marks. Looking for some trout, reds or flounder. Thanks for any info.
fishdux

Re: Hows the fishing?

Post by fishdux »

Trout are still scattered and not really biting around St. Marks. An all day trip on Saturday only produced 5 keepers. On the other hand, the reds have been pretty hungry.
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

I've fished the last two Saturdays till about noon out of SM. The sat before last we landed 15 reds (give or take) with a couple going over slot along with a few trout. This past Sat we landed 6 or 7 reds and about 15-17 trout. Guessing a dozen of the trout would have been keepers. Fish have been in the creek mouths our close to shore.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Last weekend Porpoise Creek, east of the St Marks lighthouse, was 10% water, 90% trout.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

My trip to Keaton last weekend was not impressive, 2 keeper trout and 3 keeper seabass
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

GaryDroze wrote:Last weekend Porpoise Creek, east of the St Marks lighthouse, was 10% water, 90% trout.
You sure that wasn't a salmon run? LOL
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc