White Trout

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

lmmoore

White Trout

Post by lmmoore »

Has anybody caught white trout around Panacea lately?
flatsbroke22

Re: White Trout

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Caught a boat load out of SGI if that helps
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

They should be in the deeper holes right now, I'm about ready to go try to find some myself.
Yours in the South
dslayer2

Post by dslayer2 »

If you're still looking to get on some white trout (or what I've called sand trout), head over to the inside of dog island. Out in front of the cove with main dock on the east end, get out in 20-30ft of water. They are stacked everywhere through there. I was just there last weekend and we played around with them on heavy jigs for about an hour. We probably caught 50+. Make sure to fish with a steel leader or the sharks will take away your stuff pretty regularly. Especially loads of fun if you have kids in the boat. It becomes a game to see if you can get your jig to the bottom this time.
You can do anything you put your mind to.
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

Yes! Caught a bunch at the mouth of the bay using live and dead shrimp. Some reds and speckled trout also
lmmoore

Post by lmmoore »

Great info.
Thanks