Redfish

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

homboyfsu

Redfish

Post by homboyfsu »

Redfish 25 inch caught 10/16/17 Port St Joe
kenfly

Re: Redfish

Post by kenfly »

Nice fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AugustusMccrae

Post by AugustusMccrae »

Beautiful fish. How will you prepare it?
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I fished out of Presnell's on Sunday 10/15. This was my first trip there in many years. What used to be a hole in the wall fish camp is now a very nicely done RV park with first class facilities. The launch fee is $10 buck, but for that I had a young man help me launch my little skiff and tie it up for me while I parked the trailer across the street. Another nice guy followed me in a fancy golf cart and gave me a ride back to the boat. (and some fishing advice)

SJB is a beautiful place to fish, always crystal clear, and a good choice on an East wind day as you have miles of lee shore to work with. I ended up catching a couple dozen trout of various sizes with a number of decent size fish. All caught on a light jig head with a Z-man tail. The grass flats are lush but shallow, so a smaller boat is ideal. The fish all came from the sand potholes that are scattered thru the flats. Saw a couple of Red's but no joy there.

So.....all in all an enjoyable trip. :)
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Rocky, do you have that pathfinder yet?
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Picking up the new boat this weekend. :smt007

I was fishing out of my Gheenoe LT-25, the perfect boat for that upper end of the bay. Lots of clear skinny water there.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton