2 days of Fun in Sun

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

2 days of Fun in Sun

Post by MudDucker »

First, played hookey Friday and went with two buds to Spring Warrior. No water until nearly noon. Then my new Tahatsu ran like dog poo. I think I got some bad gas in Perry. Ended up with 13 keeper specks including a couple of really nice fish. Took that boat to Wefings Saturday morning and pulled out the ol' pro and put in at Lanark Saturday about 2 and fished until 5:30. Couldn't buy a keeper trout. but caught a lot of 14"+ fish that got a reprieve. Ended up with 5 sand trout. Ol' Pro with its new 150 yammy ran like a dream. Great weather both days.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: 2 days of Fun in Sun

Post by silverking »

Had a similar experience on Thursday with the trout. Found a few cooperative reds and fed some more but they were spooky in that clear water. Also sight-fished a 5-pound ladyfish in less than 2 foot of water. Ran like a bonefish and jumped like a tarpon. Nothing wrong with that.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat