Find a spring, catch a mess of mullet

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BloodyChamp

Re: Find a spring, catch a mess of mullet

Post by BloodyChamp »

I don't remember the details because it's been years ago, plus I've basically tried to forget this period in my life which was a nightmare (lol!) but there is something like a peddler's license when it comes to selling watermelons on the side of the road like I used to do. Obviously fish are a whole different ball game but the fact that the commercial mullet FB group I'm in gets enraged over anybody doing anything with a mullet besides paying them for it and saying thank you mighty farmer of the ocean tells me there might be a loophole somewhere lol!

I wet a line off the bank today atleast...went to Troy Spring on the Suwannee to see what mullet fishing there might be like when it warms up. It was crowded with divers so that's not a good sign. Then I threw a Rapala at a few other stops in the area and didn't see a sign of life...minnow, bird nothing. Still a fun day though. Hadn't wet a line since November.
EddieJoe

Find a spring, catch a mess of mullet

Post by EddieJoe »

Yeah, I believe you would need a commercial fishing license (spl), and probably both a wholesale and retail to be legal. But you can call FWC Division of Marine Fisheries to check. Plus maybe a business license for wherever the fish were sold.
In any case, isn’t legal to sell or buy a recreational catch without the other stuff.

I know it goes on, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk