Steinhatchee Saturday 2/3

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will In The Wild

Steinhatchee Saturday 2/3

Post by Will In The Wild »

I am headed down to Steinhatchee on Saturday with a group of guys. I don't normally go during the winter, but we want to give it a try. A couple of the guys I am going with only get to go a few times a year so I am hoping that we can find some. Any suggestions on where we should start looking?
FishWithChris

Re: Steinhatchee Saturday 2/3

Post by FishWithChris »

Steinhatchee!? I'd try looking in the water, that's always a good place to start... and hopefully by the end of the day, in your cooler!

If you aren't staying down there, I say come to our North Florida Gulf Fishing Club meeting tonight at Beef O' Brady's on Thomasville Road (just north of Midtown) - it starts at 7pm.

We have our first tournament of the year on Saturday, open boundaries (launch/fish anywhere) with Safelight at 6:55am Eastern and weigh-ins beginning at 4:30pm at Jerry's Bait & Tackle on Woodville Highway.

Otherwise, work into creeks, target bars, look in deeper holes. slow suspending plugs, bounce jigs off the bottom. colours may vary.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

I fished steinhatchee 2 weeks ago and didn't do too hot, caught a few in the river. Fished dallus creek and only saw sailcats.
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

Steinhatchee has been very hit-or-miss this winter, for me. I'd suggest starting in the river, targeting deeper water with sinking hard baits or 3/8 ounce jigs and gulp. If nothing is biting, run out of the river channel and go north. See if you can make your way up to the mouth of a creek or two, or in the creek if your boat can manage. If that doesn't work, go back and dock at Who Dat Bar & Grille on the river, and treat your buddies to a cold beer and good food!
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
Will In The Wild

Post by Will In The Wild »

Appreciate all of the advice. Hopefully we can get on a few anyway.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Don't make any plans to get into the creeks early. Lingering super moon tides are lower than a limbo bar. Didn't really start to flood until about 1 pm yesterday at Lanark.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat