Steinhatchee 2/3 Update

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will In The Wild

Steinhatchee 2/3 Update

Post by Will In The Wild »

We hit the water a little before 8. Started close to the mouth of the river. The wind was an issue all morning. Picked 2 keeper trout before lunch. Around 1 we moved in close to a bar near marker 29 and the bite turned on. for the next hour or so it was a fish every other cast. Lots that were just short and not a single one over 17". The bite slowed down and we fished until around 4. We ended up with 13 keeper trout. We lost count of how many we caught but it had to be over 60.It sure is fun when the bite turns on like that. Tried to be gentle as we could with all of the shorts and get them back in the water quickly. We ended our day eating at the Who Dat Bar and Grill. It was a great day with good friends.

We caught the majority of our fish on popping corks. I was using a DOA glow shrimp under mind and the rest of the boat had white gulp under theirs. I did pick up a few on a mirror lure suspending twitch bait.
jsaunders

Re: Steinhatchee 2/3 Update

Post by jsaunders »

Will In The Wild wrote:We hit the water a little before 8. Started close to the mouth of the river. The wind was an issue all morning. Picked 2 keeper trout before lunch. Around 1 we moved in close to a bar near marker 29 and the bite turned on. for the next hour or so it was a fish every other cast. Lots that were just short and not a single one over 17". The bite slowed down and we fished until around 4. We ended up with 13 keeper trout. We lost count of how many we caught but it had to be over 60.It sure is fun when the bite turns on like that. Tried to be gentle as we could with all of the shorts and get them back in the water quickly. We ended our day eating at the Who Dat Bar and Grill. It was a great day with good friends.

We caught the majority of our fish on popping corks. I was using a DOA glow shrimp under mind and the rest of the boat had white gulp under theirs. I did pick up a few on a mirror lure suspending twitch bait.
Glad you guys caught 'em.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I bet I could go to marker 29 today and there wouldn't be any fish there! :lol: I'm glad you found some, that river used to be one of mine and Dad's favorites in winter.
Yours in the South
Will In The Wild

Post by Will In The Wild »

For whatever reason it looked like the boats around us were not doing as well. I don't know what we were doing different. It did seem that most of them were fishing out in the deep part of channel and were in a closer to a bar.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Find the bars, find the fish! :wink:
Yours in the South