In the creek mouths and on the outside edges!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fearthespear

Re: In the creek mouths and on the outside edges!

Post by fearthespear »

Took y'alls advice and put a couple in the boat this morning around 9:00 am. The redfish was in a creek mouth and the trout was in between the grass and and an oyster bar. Redfish measured 26 3/4 inch and the trout was 24 inches. It got real slow after 9:15 and only managed another small red.

eightwt

Post by eightwt »

silverking wrote:
fearthespear wrote:Just noticed. Must have had the wrong location...Going either way.
The Tides4Fishing is a good site. Moon phases and solunar tables, plus different aspects of the tidal movement.

Good luck. Hope you find some.

FTReelty, no it was definitely slower today. I was there right at the high and the trout were scarce. Water never did come in much.

I did manage to release a couple 28-inch redfish, fooled by an ADL gold spoon. :thumbup:

Made a few casts on the West Flats after lunch before heading in. Nada and no sign of life either. If you go, I'd stay tight or in back.
Yep, had a slow day yesterday. No water movement, coefficient was low and it seemed to show correctly. Knew that before I went, but still a lovely day out
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Congrats, fts. Nice combo. That would have definitely put you in the money in the Redtrout Shootout.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Kinda like my day on Saturday fear. Had a 26" red and a 4.5# trout (did not measure her length-she was released to breed). We only caught one more keeper red and released one more keeper trout. We saw quite a few slot sized reds cruising, but they were just not interested. Cruddy tide. But was better than sitting at the house.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?