Keaton 2/25

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

justcoastn

Keaton 2/25

Post by justcoastn »

Had planned to take the ladies fishing today but lost one due to injury from the excessive yard work we did yesterday. My better half had to sit this one out but there was no way the boat was leaving town without the yungin in it. We hit the water at about 9:45 and fished until 1:30. Trout were stacked in 5 to 6 feet of water again. No problem getting a mess of fish for a fry and I got schooled by an 18 year old girl. She went four for four on keeper trout with her first four casts and her second one was 22 1/2 inches! Tough to catch up after a start like that. She's been stressed out with college applications and interviews for the past few months and it sure was nice to see that big smile on her face when a fish was on the other end of her line. Pink shine or chartreuse glow gulp flukes were the preferred baits today. At least they were for us. I saw a bunch of boats in close but not much company out where we were. Hope everyone had as much fun as we did.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Keaton 2/25

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Wow great trip. What was the water temp today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justcoastn

Post by justcoastn »

Water temp was 73 when we started and 73 1/2 when we left.
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

I fished Saturday out of Keaton. We caught 20+ keeper trout 16-22 inches (most were released) and another 30 or so shorts. The fish had moved out onto the flats in 4 to 6 foot of water. Didn't catch anything in the creek mouths or on the grass line. There were a ton of boats on the water, most of them up close to shore.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke