Shell Point 3/24

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfalcon

Shell Point 3/24

Post by fishfalcon »

Forecast was for winds at 15-20 mph so I was not going to down to the coast, but I woke up at daylight and could not go back to sleep. I checked the weather and it was pretty calm so I packed a sandwich and headed down. When I got to the bay, it was glass calm (like I have to throw a topwater calm), but by the time I launched the boat the wind started to pick up. I ran out to my first spot and had a good trout follow my bait on the third cast. Feeling confident I had fish in the area, I went back to fishing. I caught a fish every drift usually along transition points. Most of the fish came on twitch baits, but I did catch a short and an 18" trout on a gulp under a Cajun Thunder. I also caught a bonus flounder on the gulp. I tried to find a redfish to finish out my inshore slam, but by that time the wind really was howling and it was whitecapping so I just put the boat back on the trailer and called it a day. Final tally was 5 trout to 19", 4 shorts, and the flounder. No pinfish bites. Water 60-62 degrees and stained. Saw a gobbler on the way home so I did not have to feel bad about not turkey hunting on opening day.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Shell Point 3/24

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Good report. Nice day of fishing. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighOnTheFlats

Re: Shell Point 3/24

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

Good deal. Thank you for the report.
“..Grew up watching Bill Dance and Stone Cold, that’s why I’m always fishing and do nothing I’m told.”