St. Marks 3/24/18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DEMON
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 3/24/18

Post by DEMON »

Me and my fishing partner launched @ the lighthouse ramp a little after the high tide to a stiff wind & high gusts. Figured after the cold nights last week that the fish would be up in the creeks anyway. Made our way east to a creek I new we could get into and soon found the big trout in the deeper holes. The bite turned on right @ the minor feed time on the outgoing tide. We caught 9 big trout with a 21" & a 23" among them along with numerous short flounder. We did manage 1 nice doormat among the flounder. Seemed that each hole had 1 good big trout only & we would have to move to the next hole to find another. The ride home in the late afternoon was a little bumpy but a good day of catching makes that ride back to the ramp a little easier.
kenfly

Re: St. Marks 3/24/18

Post by kenfly »

Nice glad to see you found some, yeah I saw it’s was gonna get a lil windy out there Saturday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk