econfina trout

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Carlabear

econfina trout

Post by Carlabear »

Trout bite is hot at econfina. out saturday and caught our limit but not only this had to find a fish under `18 inches. 2 over 20 inches with the rest 18-19 inchesl. the filets were thick and fish were fat!! Best 4 weeks of fishing I have had trout fishing especially since we have been grouper fishing the last 14 years. Caught all fish in the creeks with sinking mirrolurs. Tried the flats but no luck luck.. some fish were caught at the mouth of the creeks I heard others say. Hope the spring bite continues till we can get out for some grouper. :smt006
Hit-n-Miss

Re: econfina trout

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Great report. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Nice trip. Glad you're having a productive spring. I miss fishing the Hickory Mounds area. Best kayak destination around--before the storm and easy access was denied.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

SK there are crew currently working to restore access and it should be open soon.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:SK there are crew currently working to restore access and it should be open soon.

That's great news. Long time coming. That's a very popular spot, not only for kayakers/small boats but shore anglers and rec crabbers as well. I suspect there are a few duck hunters who might welcome this development too. :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
SoGaTrout12

Post by SoGaTrout12 »

Went out Thursday on a rough day with high winds and ended up with 7 keepers also pulled in a Spanish mackerel and flounder. Bite should be great on a calm day at Econfina