Keaton Beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jsisson

Keaton Beach

Post by Jsisson »

Headed down this weekend. Anyone got any reports?
Thanks
capt_crano

Re: Keaton Beach

Post by capt_crano »

Same here, anyone have any input?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Welcome aboard.

For new posters, it's generally better to give than to receive.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

silverking wrote:Welcome aboard.

:lol: welcome
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Got there at 730 this morning with the parade of boats fished til 930 headed back in with my limit of trout and a,nice red.
Jsisson

Post by Jsisson »

What you catch them on.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Artificials only
Jsisson

Post by Jsisson »

Got limit today in fog. Floating jerkbait was tbe ticket.
capt_crano

Post by capt_crano »

silverking wrote:Welcome aboard.

I see that, I've perused this "message board" for almost a year as a member and over 3 years as a guest. It seems like when people do give actual input or advice some people chastise them for giving out "secrets". I wonder why this "message board" hasn't really taken off?!? I have not put info here due to lack of experience with the Big Bend area and being a "weekend warrior" who doesn't own a boat but has gracious friends that do, I wonder why some people think a successful fishery (like this area) will be overfished if people give out a heads up to an area to look for the fish.

Now I may sounds bitter, however, just the opposite. A handful of my friends visit this site and have done so for longer than I have, whether they need the advice or just a laugh. But, often we find ourselves shaking our heads as to how some people act like its a travesty or a idiotic move to give out useful information about an area...not a specific spot. I've fished many areas from river to the gulf and always given pointers as to what I used and how I've used it when I did get on some fish. A healthy habitat cannot be overfished to the point of decline and when that does start to happen, good old FWC will enforce more strict regulations on said areas/species...

I'll shut up now and wait for a reply from someone who wants to jab at how they think I'm butt hurt. I have a blast anytime I can get out to fish regardless of catching or not...
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Not sure what you mean by a message board and it not taking off? The site's history dates back more than 10 years and like similar ones focusing on interests/pastimes, some drop off and others come on board. It is a forum and if you have been reading for more than a few weeks you'll notice many posters offer detailed information on where, when, why and how they are successful. Personally I have tried to share my knowledge through my weekly reports in the Tallahassee Democrat, on here, through my work as an outdoor journalist, as a guide for 15 years and as co-host of the Flats Pro Seminars for 7 years through 2017. Yes, I make my living in the sport-fishing industry, but I also try to help others enjoy the sport that I love.

I do have a problem with new members who immediately want something without giving anything in return. That can be fishing intel or trying to sell a boat/gear. Many of the latter disappear as soon as the item sells, never to post again. What about an introduction to tell current members a little about yourself, what type of fishing you like to do, what boat you own, etc.? What about sharing some of your own recent experiences first, successes or skunks? You've been a member for almost a year yet you have less than a dozen posts? Most on here are weekend warriors and many wade fish, yak fish or share rides.

I realize this is an instant gratification/entitlement society now for large segments of the population. But whatever happened to researching general tips/tendencies/tactics, break out a chart and go exploring? That's how I and many others learned this stretch of the coast. When some posters have shared specific spots in the past, they've come back the next time to a crowd. It doesn't take too many times getting burned before you stop offering those kind of details.

Compared to the rest of the state we are indeed blessed with ideal habitat, less population and excellent water quality. But it is getting more crowded, more pressure and less courtesy on the water, unfortunately.

Again, welcome aboard. I look forward to reading your future contributions.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

I’ve been wondering why reports are few and far between myself. And your right no info will be given. As soon as I hit the water again I’ll post up a report. With general area, color preferences’ pictures and water temp. In my experience you can go to the same spot you killed them the day before and fish the same bait and not catch anything. So other than for that day your not really giving anything away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jsisson

Post by Jsisson »

Sound good.
I fish out of Keaton beach about 6 times per year.
Run a 19.5 bat reef key west. Had a gret morning wife and I
Caught limit up to 21in off
Lipped jerkbaits.
capt_crano

Post by capt_crano »

That is just it Silverking, I have fished this area about 20 times from Ochlockonee bay to Keaton beach. All trips have been on the weekend due to work, so its what ever happens just hope we through the bait/lure in front of a fish. And of those trips i have maybe caught 2 dozen keeper fish. Now I know that may be laughable to some, but I usually always check multiple forums to see whats the scene for specific areas during my trip planning. So, for my input, I believe I can bring nothing to the table. I do see however, multiple inquiries throughout this forums history and like many other forums, mum is the word and when great advice is given, Betty from left field usually chimes in with something along the lines of stop giving out this info or "way to go, give away all the secrets" etc., etc...

I should have been more specific as in, this is the nature on most fishing forums. I get it....

and BTW...Keaton beach was packed Saturday, fished from 10am to 3:30 (low tide roughly 9am, high tide roughly 3pm), fished depths from roughly 4 foot to 5 foot, 2 keeper trout foul hooked by my fishing partner, one large Bluefish, tons of pinfish taking baits...

One friendly fisherman dropped knowledge of their limiting out in 3.5 ft and less...he was not a member here apparently :)

Sorry for yellin'
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Tampax time :smt004
MIAcanes44

Post by MIAcanes44 »

If you have read this forum long enough you would have known not to listen or take anything serious from SilverKing or SaltyGator. They sit around all day waiting for someone to comment on this board. Heck! I sometimes think SilverKing is nothing but a google bot linked this forum.

You don't see many post fishing reports because they weekend warriors like yourself. I hate to give out any information because what I use or where I fish probably won't work by the next weekend. Good luck!
When you catch so many, you just stop counting.