Keaton Beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:I’ve been wondering why reports are few and far between myself. And your right no info will be given. As soon as I hit the water again I’ll post up a report. With general area, color preferences’ pictures and water temp. In my experience you can go to the same spot you killed them the day before and fish the same bait and not catch anything. So other than for that day your not really giving anything away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I write a column every week that usually includes a fishing report, as does silverking but his are much better than mine.

http://www.thewakullanews.com/content/w ... ns-weekend
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

this has been and I hope will stay that way a very friendly place with the exception of a few cases a most exceptional forum that should be enjoyed by everyone
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

MIAcanes44 wrote:If you have read this forum long enough you would have known not to listen or take anything serious from SilverKing or SaltyGator. They sit around all day waiting for someone to comment on this board. Heck! I sometimes think SilverKing is nothing but a google bot linked this forum.

You don't see many post fishing reports because they weekend warriors like yourself. I hate to give out any information because what I use or where I fish probably won't work by the next weekend. Good luck!
Geez.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

capt_crano wrote:That is just it Silverking, I have fished this area about 20 times from Ochlockonee bay to Keaton beach. All trips have been on the weekend due to work, so its what ever happens just hope we through the bait/lure in front of a fish. And of those trips i have maybe caught 2 dozen keeper fish. Now I know that may be laughable to some, but I usually always check multiple forums to see whats the scene for specific areas during my trip planning. So, for my input, I believe I can bring nothing to the table. I do see however, multiple inquiries throughout this forums history and like many other forums, mum is the word and when great advice is given, Betty from left field usually chimes in with something along the lines of stop giving out this info or "way to go, give away all the secrets" etc., etc...

I should have been more specific as in, this is the nature on most fishing forums. I get it....

and BTW...Keaton beach was packed Saturday, fished from 10am to 3:30 (low tide roughly 9am, high tide roughly 3pm), fished depths from roughly 4 foot to 5 foot, 2 keeper trout foul hooked by my fishing partner, one large Bluefish, tons of pinfish taking baits...

One friendly fisherman dropped knowledge of their limiting out in 3.5 ft and less...he was not a member here apparently :)

Sorry for yellin'
Not yelling and not picking on you as an individual. I've been skunked or had bad days myself more times than I care to count. But even poor trips can be shared. Your information on depths is useful to many, as are temperature readings, general color patterns, water clarity, etc. It's the spirt of sharing that I'm trying to stress. So thanks for your report. Same for you, Jssison. Glad you and your wife found some. There are a lot of Key West owners on here, so boating tips and questions are another way to share and contribute.

MIAcanes, guess you forgot about my very positive plug about Sportsman Boats when you were trying to sell yours. :lol:
Last edited by silverking on April 2nd, 2018, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I don’t fish keton so can’t gelp you there. Maybe use the forum/ reports as a guideline. But you will need to put time in to learn it for yourself. Maybe start a fishing log. It took me over a year to catch my first slot red after I got my boat back in 04. What you learn on your own will be better and more rewarding than any info you get here. And I don’t trust much of what I read on fishing forums, because a lot of fishermen lie. I know for a fact that there are posters that give fake launches and lures used in their report. Some people like to share and some work hard for what they have learned and don’t share, but we can’t be mad at people that don’t want to tell their real or perceived secrets. Also this is prime time tournament season. Don’t expect a whole lot of reports from the guys that are contenders. I’m looking forward to some reports by you. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Love having some fresh NEW blood on the forum! Welcome guys (gals?)

You have to understand, it is tournament season. Check out NFGFC.org for our tournament series and join up! Learn a ton from our monthly meetings through fellowship and from our guest speakers.

Use the search button often - we have been throwing the same things (for the most part) for years.

Otherwise, shoot someone a PM, they'll typically be much more likely to assist :beer: :beer: :beer:
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

MIAcanes44 wrote:If you have read this forum long enough you would have known not to listen or take anything serious from SilverKing or SaltyGator. They sit around all day waiting for someone to comment on this board. Heck! I sometimes think SilverKing is nothing but a google bot linked this forum.

You don't see many post fishing reports because they weekend warriors like yourself. I hate to give out any information because what I use or where I fish probably won't work by the next weekend. Good luck!
I can attest that if SilverKing is a google bot, he is a really big google bot who drives a truck! :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
MIAcanes44

Post by MIAcanes44 »

hahaha. I am only kidding. He is just a dude with a boat load of information.
When you catch so many, you just stop counting.