3/31/18 Keaton Beach report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ddb

3/31/18 Keaton Beach report

Post by ddb »

Fished Saturday 3/31 with my friend Chris, his son, and his son's friend. We managed to pick up 18 sea trout, a spanish, and a blue on an assortment of live bait (shrimp and pin fish) and some plastics. We had our best success at the end of the fall in the morning with a strong wind blowing out to assist. Once the tide tried to turn and was coming against the wind our bite slowed considerably. The bite did appear to pick up late in the afternoon (after the water began to fall again), but we had to head out at some point. We fished from 3-5', with the majority of our fish picked up in 4-5'. Spent a good bit of time looking for redfish without any success. I'd be interested to know if they had moved off the oyster bars due to the fresh water moving in the day before. Water temps were 64-67, the water was mostly clear.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Re: 3/31/18 Keaton Beach report

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

FINALLY. A Keaton Beach fishing report, the crowd was beginning to get unruly.

Congrats man sounds like you had a good day, especially with the bite seeming to slow later Saturday and Sunday with the full moon.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Sound like a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Sounds like y’all got after em. Good mess of fish. Thanks for posting
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven