St marks east flats 4/4

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hardhead

St marks east flats 4/4

Post by hardhead »

Took the fam down to st marks for the first fam spring trip. Launched at the fort around 930 and by the time we made our run to the mouth of the river, my crew was so cold I had to turn around and take them back to the car to thaw out. Air temp was around 47. I dinked around in the river till maybe 11 to let it warm up some then went back and picked them up. My son wouldn't stop talking about grouper so I ran out to st marks reef to "attemp" to at least put a short one on his line. We couldnt find anything but little bsb and this one convict. Image Then we ran back in closer to a familiar rock pile and picked up 1 decent bsb and a spaniard. Decided it was time to try and find a few trout in the 3-4 ft range. Water temp was bouncing around 69-70 but couldn't find a trout anywhere. Tried all types and colors of plastics on jig heads and some under corks with ZERO luck. Not even a trash fish. Around high tide I decided to grow a pair and venture into the rock garden. First time for everything. I was able to find one 26 3/4 in redfish around a rock. Image And I could see prob a dozen or so trout hanging around the same area but they wouldn't bite anything. Caught the red on a new penny gulp on jig head. Around 430 the kids had enough and we headed in. Once I got back to the channel I noticed at least 4-5 boats on the west flats and nudged my son and said "apparently the fish are on that side". now that I read cgrins report, I was apparently right. A day late and a dollar short! Still a fun day with the fam, and better than being at work. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: St marks east flats 4/4

Post by DixieReb »

Nice mess o' fish! Flats grand slam right there.
Yours in the South
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Productive outing with the weak tides. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice mixed bag, good for y’all
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven