Steinhatchee 4/29 as good as it gets!

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will In The Wild

Steinhatchee 4/29 as good as it gets!

Post by Will In The Wild »

Left the ramp just before 9. The weather was about as good as it gets. We headed south and at our first stop on the first cast landed a keeper trout. The bite was steady all day. I don’t know many we caught but it was a lot. We had our 2 man limit by 2 . The weather was so good we kept fishing and had to release a ton of great fish. Every fish we caught was fat. Very few dinks all day. Everything was caught on a white DOA or gulp under a popping cork. Man I wish we could have stayed for the weekend.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Steinhatchee 4/29 as good as it gets!

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Sounds like a great day. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will In The Wild

Post by Will In The Wild »

It was a great day. Hoping to see more posts from the Steinhatchee area.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Man, wow sounds like and awesome day, hope I have the same luck headed down there this weekend being everything near here(Tallahassee) is booked, have never been there before is there any advice or anybody can give me, will be staying and prob launching at Sea Hag, mainly navigation and general direction and if there are any dangers, I’m in a 18’ Seaark tunnel, any help with the fishing would be appreciated to, thanks

Hunt Nasty

Post by Hunt Nasty »

ken - you can fish anywhere north of the Steinhatchee river channel all the way to keaton beach and not have to worry too much about rocks if you are fishing close to shore.

South of the channel is a different story. 3-5 feet and run and gun until you find fish. You can catch fish pretty much anywhere in Steinhatchee... just find decent grass and go from there. Good place to start would be out in front of Dallus creek or off or Rock Point.

Folks at sea hag will help you as well. Good luck and let us know how you do.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Hunt Nasty wrote:ken - you can fish anywhere north of the Steinhatchee river channel all the way to keaton beach and not have to worry too much about rocks if you are fishing close to shore.

South of the channel is a different story. 3-5 feet and run and gun until you find fish. You can catch fish pretty much anywhere in Steinhatchee... just find decent grass and go from there. Good place to start would be out in front of Dallus creek or off or Rock Point.

Folks at sea hag will help you as well. Good luck and let us know how you do.
I sure will let y’all know how we do, thanks for the info, that helps me out a lot

jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

I'll be heading down to Steinhatchee tomorrow afternoon and staying the weekend across the river from Sea Hag, at Good Times Motel and Marina. Ken, if you want to PM me your number, I can give you some on the water reports if/when/where we find the fish. I fish out of Steinhatchee all the time and know the spots to hit.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

jsaunders wrote:I'll be heading down to Steinhatchee tomorrow afternoon and staying the weekend across the river from Sea Hag, at Good Times Motel and Marina. Ken, if you want to PM me your number, I can give you some on the water reports if/when/where we find the fish. I fish out of Steinhatchee all the time and know the spots to hit.
Sounds good, PM sent

flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

I’ll be down this weekend as well. Also staying at Good Times. May fish the Optimas tournament but haven’t made my mind up. I love the place but haven’t fished it enough to really know the hot spots. Usually fish Keaton and farther up the coast but Steinhatchee has a lot more to offer off the water. Good luck to y’all and report how it’s going , I’ll try and do the same.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

flatsbroke22 wrote:I’ll be down this weekend as well. Also staying at Good Times. May fish the Optimas tournament but haven’t made my mind up. I love the place but haven’t fished it enough to really know the hot spots. Usually fish Keaton and farther up the coast but Steinhatchee has a lot more to offer off the water. Good luck to y’all and report how it’s going , I’ll try and do the same.
Good luck to you and hope you getem and will keep an eye out for ya

brotherinlaw

Post by brotherinlaw »

Headed down myself in a couple of hours
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

Fished north of the river for an hour or so this afternoon. Caught a few trout, a couple Spanish, and a couple of ladyfish in 4 foot of water. Moved up towards rock point and caught a 25" red in 2ft.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

From the number of boats at Good times and Sea Hag, it's probably gonna be a little crowded out there tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke