Steinhatchee: Cinco De Mayo

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

Myself and two buddies left the dock at 6:30am. The bite was slow for the first two hours. Struggled to find fish. Zig zagged back and forth from 3 ft to 6 ft for at least 2 miles until we found a couple groups of quality trout. We drifted those spots for the next few hours and caught a couple quality fish every drift. Most were 17-20 inches and FAT. We ended the day with a 3 man limit of trout and 3 nice flatties. We caught a few redfish, several Spanish, ladyfish, sharks, etc that we threw back. Great day on the water. Fish were caught in 4-6ft of water on 1/4oz jigheads with Down South Lures paddletails, Rapala skitterwalks, and live pinfish under popping corks. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Steinhatchee: Cinco De Mayo

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY JSAUNDERS, LOOKS LIKE YA KNOW HOW TO GETTER DONE, NICE MESS OF FISH,, CONGRATULATIONSL
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Glad y'all found them. We never could. Only managed four keeper trout but those were good ones two at 19" and two at 22". One of the two was my girlfriends largest she's ever caught. The two largest weighed in at 2.90 & 2.95. We never tried out deep. We stayed in close trying for a red and/or big trout cause we were in the Optimas tournament. Some good fish were caught. Winner trout was 5.65 lbs which edged out second by .05. Largest red was a lady angler with a 7.50 lb. All in all we had a great time and it was a beautiful day.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

Yea, I figured the big trout were probably in shallow with the reds. We weren't in the tourney so were fine with the schoolies. Glad y'all caught a few.
flatsbroke22 wrote:Glad y'all found them. We never could. Only managed four keeper trout but those were good ones two at 19" and two at 22". One of the two was my girlfriends largest she's ever caught. The two largest weighed in at 2.90 & 2.95. We never tried out deep. We stayed in close trying for a red and/or big trout cause we were in the Optimas tournament. Some good fish were caught. Winner trout was 5.65 lbs which edged out second by .05. Largest red was a lady angler with a 7.50 lb. All in all we had a great time and it was a beautiful day.
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

Thank you sir
FUTCHCAIRO wrote:HEY JSAUNDERS, LOOKS LIKE YA KNOW HOW TO GETTER DONE, NICE MESS OF FISH,, CONGRATULATIONSL
PA
SEMPER FI
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Largest trout yesterday ended up being 7.15 and reds were one just over 8 and 2nd at 7.9
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

mpa_72001 wrote:Largest trout yesterday ended up being 7.15 and reds were one just over 8 and 2nd at 7.9
The other two weigh in spots must have been late reporting cause I was sitting there well after 4 and they said it was final.... That’s a big trout!
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

It was weighed in at just before 4 at keaton.the 2nd place trout was weighed in at econfina and the cobia winner.my daughter had the biggest shiner my day wasn't so good.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Great trip and report. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

flatsbroke22 wrote:Glad y'all found them. We never could. Only managed four keeper trout but those were good ones two at 19" and two at 22". One of the two was my girlfriends largest she's ever caught. The two largest weighed in at 2.90 & 2.95. We never tried out deep. We stayed in close trying for a red and/or big trout cause we were in the Optimas tournament. Some good fish were caught. Winner trout was 5.65 lbs which edged out second by .05. Largest red was a lady angler with a 7.50 lb. All in all we had a great time and it was a beautiful day.
Yeah I’m pretty sure you and your girlfriend were right next to me in the no wake zone on the way out, glad your girl got some nice ones

kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Josh it was great taking to you, and thanks again for the info, maybe next time we will get up, still owe ya the beer. We fished pretty hard sat south at Pepper Fish key, ended the day with 8 trout and one flatty. Sunday headed out north for a couple of hours and found 2 more trout and 3 flttys. We missed several reds and kid some nice trout. Was a great first time down there and want be the last. We loved it and loved our shack at sea hag and were very nice people.

Hunt Nasty

Post by Hunt Nasty »

glad y'all fellas caught some fish and had a good time.
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

kenfly wrote:
Yeah I’m pretty sure you and your girlfriend were right next to me in the no wake zone on the way out, glad your girl got some nice ones

Probably was, what boat were you in?
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

flatsbroke22 wrote:
kenfly wrote:

Probably was, what boat were you in?
Gray 18” Seaark with a 50 merc , I called myself yelling over to you but over those 2 stokes can’t really hear much

flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Yes! I do remember you. Lol I did hear something but like you said it hard to tell with those two smokers. :D