Ecofina 4th-6th annual guys fishing weekend.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wishin2bfishin

Re: Ecofina 4th-6th annual guys fishing weekend.

Post by wishin2bfishin »

HM, we were there as well. Did you get into the bloom or what ever that goop was in the water just east? We tried out to 8 ft water and that was where it was. I was afraid it would stop up my water pump it was so thick.
Just wondering what it was and if that’s what had the trout lockjawed.
We had 8 keepers for 2 days fishing and their stomachs were so small and empty that I could hardly pick them out. (I always check that to see what they are eating. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hit-n-Miss

Ecofina 4th-6th annual guys fishing weekend.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

wishin2bfishin wrote:HM, we were there as well. Did you get into the bloom or what ever that goop was in the water just east? We tried out to 8 ft water and that was where it was. I was afraid it would stop up my water pump it was so thick.
Just wondering what it was and if that’s what had the trout lockjawed.
We had 8 keepers for 2 days fishing and their stomachs were so small and empty that I could hardly pick them out. (I always check that to see what they are eating. )

. Yeah we did run into it towards rock island. Had to pick it off our lines. We left the area and went out from Aucilla and the water was much clearer. Glad y’all got some. From the chatter on the radio I don’t think anyone was tearing them up. I did not check the stomachs this time.