Venice May 9-11, 2018

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

fishfalcon

Venice May 9-11, 2018

Post by fishfalcon »

Just got back from our yearly family fishing trip to Venice, LA. Finally caught a break with our weather as it was as flat as I have ever seen it. We fished 2 boats with Captain Patrick Dickinson (Dixie Riverside Charters) and Captain Jacques Blaize (Blaize Charters) and the fishing was absolutely on fire. We caught an easy limit of reds the first day with plenty of bulls thrown in. It never gets old to watch your 74 year old dad grinning from ear to ear as he is catching fish on every cast. The second day we switched boats and it was even crazier than the first day. The first 50 minutes we had 2 or 3 fish on at the same time all the time. We finished our limit of reds by 8:30 and went to look for trout. We did not catch a bunch of them, but the fish we did catch were quality fish with the biggest being just over 4 pounds. The cool part is that we were fishing artificials at that point and we were able to sight cast to some big bull reds over a sandbar. The last day was much tougher as we had to move multiple times to find our reds. we were catching fish, but they were all small. We again switched to artificials and managed to scratch together a limit by 11 am. Again we went to search for trout, but only found a few. My brother did manage to catch a 48" red which was the highlight of the trip. I caught my personal record 42" red the first day. Venice is an awesome fishery and I highly recommend these guides and this trip.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Venice May 9-11, 2018

Post by Salty Gator »

Cool
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
killswitch

Post by killswitch »

Nice :thumbup: Amazing fishery down there!!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Fishfalcon, AWESOME report... only thing that would make it more awesome is pictures! :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945