Post Storm -Keaton and Spring Warrior 5.31

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bigblister
Site Sponsor

Post Storm -Keaton and Spring Warrior 5.31

Post by bigblister »

A buddy and I got free and launched around 9:00 thinking the tide would be real slack; however, the south wind kept water levels up. We headed south and picked up nothing but trash in 4-6 feet of water. Water temp was just at 80 degrees. Beautiful day with light winds and smooth riding until around 2:00 when it picked up slightly.
Water was slightly stained in Keaton but areas were gin clear, weird. Got to SW and it was clear. Pulled up to a favorite spot to about 8-9 dolphins and thought the fish would be spooked, but they proved us wrong. Picked up 2 nice reds and could have caught them all day -sux you can only keep 1 each.

Headed out to find the trout and the usual spots were bare. Had to get in 7-8 feet of water for any luck. Saw a few tarpon and first alligator coming into the dock at Keaton. Live bait was a bust and only caught trash on it. Gulps and jerks shads either jigging or under popping cork. Finished up with some reds, 4 trout and a few rock bass.

They are coming along on the rebuild of the pier.
IMG_1778.JPG
Should make it interesting with our scallop friends join us! Saw a few scallops around Adams/ Dekle. Sorry I couldn't get system to orient correctly.
Blister
Matthew 4:19
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Post Storm -Keaton and Spring Warrior 5.31

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report. Nice reds
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Post Storm -Keaton and Spring Warrior 5.31

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Good day. Looks like you got around crane ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk