Econfina 6-2-18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

trout fisher
Site Sponsor

Econfina 6-2-18

Post by trout fisher »

Had boat trouble Friday so was unable to fish. Never knew I had a tiny inline fuel filter that requires a baby midget to replace under the cowl of my Suzuki DF60. But alas, I do.

So a friend who was fishing Saturday generously offered me and my crew,(which consisted of 2 newbie anglers, father and son), a ride with he and his son. We exited the river and hung a left to find clean water. Started in front of the mound in 3.5 ft. Drifted a while with nothing but pinfish stealing our baits. Headed out to 6 ft. and started picking through smaller fish to eventually wind up with 6 keeper trout and 1 rock bass. The 11 and 12 year old boys did most of the catching. The old guys changed hooks, grubs, line, and tried to stay out of the way. :-D Fish were caught on a variety of Gulp colors with Natural and New Penny being the most productive.

Hit-n-Miss

Re: Econfina 6-2-18

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Nice day on the water. Kids and fishing that’s what it’s all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 6-2-18

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: Nice trip! I'm so ready to go back. :smt004
Yours in the South