Aucilla 6/22

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

craSSh

Aucilla 6/22

Post by craSSh »

I hadn't fished here in probably 20 years. Launched around 7:30. Wind had to be 15-20 mph first thing. It made it tough to fish the points at the mouth, even with the trolling motor. I managed a 21" red on a chug bug. Had 2 other fishermen with me. They started out with redfish magic...no bites. Water temp early was 79°. Got tired of battling the wind. Would've been easy with iPilot, so I guess I'm gonna have to get one now. Ran out deeper, 4-5 ft...water temp was 81°...made about a 30min drift....no bites. Ran out to 7-8 ft, not sure of water temp but I think I saw 83. The wind was now blowing a 5-10, perfect for drifting. We started catching a mixed bag of fish, but I was slow... My buddy caught a huge gar out there, it was probably just shy of 4ft. We headed in about 1:00. Took home 1 red and 3 trout...biggest was 19"
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Aucilla 6/22

Post by Steve Stinson »

That Redfish Magic is an odd bait. Most of the time I can't catch much on it, but on certain days it is the only thing they will hit. :thumbup:
BloodyChamp

Re: Aucilla 6/22

Post by BloodyChamp »

Wow 20 years welcome back. Not much longer before your last trip the Aucilla was all about long cane poles and live shrimp for Sheepheads!