St Marks 6/22 and 6/23

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

guthooked
Site Sponsor

St Marks 6/22 and 6/23

Post by guthooked »

Spent the weekend fishing St Marks and sweating. I was surprised at how rough it was.

Friday, the wife, son and I managed 10 keepers and very few shorts. One 22 incher caught by my son. Took us from daylight to about 2:30 to manage those. A few under corks but most were caught fishing Z-Man swimmers.
Saturday, only managed 6 using the same pattern.

Surprised that all were caught in 5 to 6 feet. Couldn't find one in the 9 to 12 foot range I usually target this time of year. Overall a fun weekend.

Oh Yeah, also caught 4 to 5 hundred catfish. At least that's what it felt like.
geofish

Re: St Marks 6/22 and 6/23

Post by geofish »

You did better than we did Saturday. Ran from St Marks over to Peter's Rock, and when we didn't catch anything but sharks and catfish in 6-9 feet we went in shallower to Cobb Rocks and caught the same nothing-burger there. Got beat up by the choppy waters all the way back to the lighthouse. Momma said there'd be days like that.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Didn't fish because of the wind on saturday but went on sunday(supposed to be calm seas) BS it was blowing hard.

Spent most of the time at the sandbar and fished for an hour or so. Only managed one keeper but constant action(couldn't dial in any drift) and I was fishing in a damn trawler lol.
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

Geofish, forgot about the sharks. Caught three or four decent sharks.
geofish

Post by geofish »

I forgot, my buddy did catch a 19-inch gag grouper in there. We slipped him quietly back into the water and told him to forget everything he had seen. Hopefully we'll meet again when he's all grown up!