Scallop survey

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

redbelly7

Re: Scallop survey

Post by redbelly7 »

I was told once, that one of the Raffield's from Port St Joe had a commercial scallop cleaner and sold it a long time ago.
Angler719

Post by Angler719 »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:I think those would be calico bay scallops, those are still commercially harvested I think.
I looked it up and yes there is a small commercial calico scallop fishery on the east coast.
Derfish

Post by Derfish »

I went out last weekend (6/25) to three different spots East of the lighthouse that produced well in previous years. I snorkeled in each spot for about for about 5 minutes and only spotted one the entire time.
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
Bkpriest

Post by Bkpriest »

Has anyone been out of steinhatchy for scallops this year? R they plentyful and hows the visability?
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Bkpriest wrote:Has anyone been out of steinhatchy for scallops this year? R they plentyful and hows the visability?
'Hatch to Keaton has been pretty good, according to most of the folks on instagram.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image