I've seen no scallops around St. Marks in past few weeks.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ted in Tallahassee

I've seen no scallops around St. Marks in past few weeks.

Post by Ted in Tallahassee »

Over the last couple of weeks, on sunny cloudless and calm days with clear water, tooling around the flats in the usual scallop areas, I have not seen even ONE scallop. Not looking good.

There are many theories as to just what makes for a good scallop season. Rain, or lack thereof, at certain times in certain months; temperatures at certain times in certain months; storms or hurricanes at certain times; and so on. I have no idea what is correct, if any of them. I have seen where there was a really bad year one year, and the next year is pretty good, and the one after that is insanely good, then the next year there are virtually none.

(Yeah I know there is a "Scallop Survey" thread but it seemed like 90% of it had little to do with people seeing scallops this year or not.)
FishWithChris

Re: I've seen no scallops around St. Marks in past few weeks

Post by FishWithChris »

we've seen a few out there... and by a few I mean the literal definition of "a few."

More plentiful near Keaton
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: I've seen no scallops around St. Marks in past few weeks

Post by DixieReb »

They may have done like the fish and gone out deeper. Just say'in. :roll:
Yours in the South