Scalloping Keaton

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Scalloping Keaton

Post by MudDucker »

Went yesterday and took daughter and her fiancee's family. Not real thick, but with a lot of swimming, we got the limit. Zoo at public ramp coming out!!!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
flatsbroke22

Re: Scalloping Keaton

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Was there yesterday too. Same for us. Scallops were spread out. Found a honey hole but in 7'. Couldn't handle that but for a little while, needed scuba gear! Lol We moved on and got a three man limit. Ramp was a zoo as always. Took us 1 1/2 hrs to get out of there. :smt011
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

We went for our first time last Monday and got a 2 person limit... very scattered in 3-4 feet... more concentrated deeper, but the kids couldn't dive that deep. Had fun, and the ramp wasn't bad either. Maybe because it was Monday.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

flatsbroke22 wrote:Was there yesterday too. Same for us. Scallops were spread out. Found a honey hole but in 7'. Couldn't handle that but for a little while, needed scuba gear! Lol We moved on and got a three man limit. Ramp was a zoo as always. Took us 1 1/2 hrs to get out of there. :smt011
Yea, I had heard reports of deeper, but I had three newbies on the boat and didn't think they could handle that depth, so I stayed less than 6 feet, mostly about 4 feet.

Some need to remember that a boat limit of 10 gals requires at least 5 scallopers on the boat. Saw someone getting that lesson taught to them Saturday in the parking lot of the zoo.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

You guys have WAY more patience than I do. Waiting an hour and a half in the brutal July heat to load up would be a deal breaker for me. :smt004
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

rockyg wrote:You guys have WAY more patience than I do. Waiting an hour and a half in the brutal July heat to load up would be a deal breaker for me. :smt004
Did it for my daughter, not for me.