7/13-15 Keaton Beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ddb

7/13-15 Keaton Beach

Post by ddb »

Spent Friday aft-Sunday morning at Keaton Beach with a friend, his two teens, and one of their friends. We spent most of our time scalloping, but did manage to fish for a little while. Scalloping was good once we found them. We had to go deeper than I prefer to scallop, 5-6', but that's where we found the best numbers. That's at least in part due to a not very low low during the daylight hours and a very high high. Diving that much gets tough on us older folks, but it didn't seam to bother the youngsters. Guess the secret got out, there were around 300 boats out there on Saturday. Most were pretty courteous though. We did manage to fish a bit Friday evening on the fall and Saturday afternoon during the end of the rise. Water temps were 86-89, but the bite was still pretty good. We were fishing out in 5-6.5' and picked up a few nice trout in the 20's. All in all a very nice trip. We managed to work around the ramp folleys, but those leaving in the late afternoon on Saturday were not as fortunate. My friend took the pics and I'm waiting on those.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: 7/13-15 Keaton Beach

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Awesome can’t wait to see pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk