St. Marks 7-15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

St. Marks 7-15

Post by Srbenda »

Took my dad out on the water around 830, headed east from the sandbar after failing to pick up any pinfish on the bar.
Ended up drifting in about 9' of water most of the morning. We did finally get some pins for bait, and the first one we tossed out landed a gag grouper, which was pretty surprising given the depth.

Ended up with sharks grabbing the rest of our pins, which was fine, my dad had fun with each of them.

Fished paddletails, spoons, and jerkbaits. Only the paddletails worked, and we caught a few bsb, mostly short.
No trout at all. Nor ladyfish for that matter.

Headed back around noon when it started to get warm. Pretty decent for a mid-July day.
All photos copyright @saverymill
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 7-15

Post by Salty Gator »

Good of you to take your pops out. Beautiful little gag, they will stretch a line. I’m surprised y’all couldn’t scratch out a trout at that depth. Not sure which sandbar you were fishing for pins, but you’ll do better over thick grass. This time of year, the deeper the better. Thanks for the report
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Srbenda

Re: St. Marks 7-15

Post by Srbenda »

Salty Gator wrote:Good of you to take your pops out. Beautiful little gag, they will stretch a line. I’m surprised y’all couldn’t scratch out a trout at that depth. Not sure which sandbar you were fishing for pins, but you’ll do better over thick grass. This time of year, the deeper the better. Thanks for the report
We were on grass in the sandbar, but too shallow I think. Only 3' to 4'.
All photos copyright @saverymill